Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Money Retrieval

I've recently started going after money of mine from people who didn't deserve to keep it and am having some good success. So much so that I decided to offer my money retrieval wisdom and experience as a service to others. On Monday I started to rebuild AndreaReynolds.com as a site for helping people retrieve money. On Tuesday afternoon I posted a few web pages with no fanfare, no promotion, no announcement. I didn't tell anyone I was switching from mentoring consultants to helping people retrieve their money.

The strangest thing happened just a few hours after I posted those few pages - although it's not so strange to me because I believe the right thing happens at the right time - a client came to me. Last night I received a retainer and today I have been doing the preliminary research: lots of phone calls and lots of emails. My client wants me to handle it because she is stunned angry, and numb with shock at the betrayal. The amount I'm going to collect is close to $3,000.

I love doing this work. And hope I can take on many more clients. I will keep a case blog on my web site to post my assignments and will add updates as progress is made. Between assignments I will write articles, write booklets, teach seminars, speak to college classes and conferences and hopefully write a column and appear on radio again.

Not everyone will want to retain me so I also offer email advice, phone advice, office appointments, protest letters, impact statements, and even corporate brainstorming.

What was the catalyst for my service? Probably the complete dismay I felt over hearing about the Ponzi Scheme perpetrated by Bernard Madoff. And to hear that nice couple Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon lost a fortune in Madoff's scheme. And also that everyone seems to have a story about being ripped off but doing nothing about retrieving what is theirs.

Who inspired me to be persistent? Robert Edmond, an elderly man who sued a convenience store clerk and the Ontario Lottery Corporation when the clerk stole his $250,000 winning lottery ticket. You will find links to his story on the home page of my new web site. Look for My Hero.

Andrea

No comments: