Monday, December 1, 2008

I put away 82 glasses

After two months, I'm still unpacking and yesterday I reorganized my kitchen cupboards to find room for 82 drinking glasses: Pilsners, brandy snifters, Manhattans, sherry glasses, port glasses, Irish coffee glasses, some parfait and sherbet glasses, and red and white wine glasses. I filled 5 shelves.

Too bad I don't keep any alcohol in the house... it's not in the budget for now. But maybe Santa will be generous and leave me a few small bottles for friends who drop by during the holidays. Then I can serve them in the appropriate glass.

So I was able to empty two large boxes from the kitchen floor and I can now fit one chair under the table. I also have two large piles of rumpled paper towels - I used them for wrapping the glasses for storage - which will save me a few grocery dollars over the next month or two. And no glasses were broken.

I still have to figure out where I'll put 5 boxes of good china - two different sets I inherited. I have enough for a sit-down meal for 20 people. Maybe in the summer I'll put a long table out on the grass filled with food for 20 guests... as I've seen them do in the Italian films. ;-)

Andrea

No comments: