Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A party! I've just been invited.

This is the first party I've been invited to in 3 years. The last one was a Pampered Chef party hosted by the Super in my condo building in Ontario. It was very well attended and I enjoyed it. Then when I tried to hold one, too, the condo board put a stop to it. Funny, because the previous owners of my unit - who served on the board - used to hold candle sales parties in what became my unit. Frustrating.

Anyway, this party is a purse party, being hosted by my pretty neighbor Heather, this coming Sunday evening. There seem to be no problems in this complex with holding a merchandise party. Thank goodness. I'm looking forward to it.

I have only one purse, a small-ish, over-the-shoulder, Gucci-type knockoff, that works well when I am grocery shopping. But I have nothing for when I'm invited out to dinner or to a holiday party. I have a beautiful cocktail pyjama my sister Gill gave me and shoes but no bag. Most of my clothes are knits (slimming) and have no pockets. So having one good purse is a not a luxury, but a wise accessory to have in advance, so that I don't overspend when there is an urgent need.

No comments: