Saturday, November 29, 2008

I read a book

Books inspire me to action. I love to read how-to books, but haven't been for months. I read only one book this summer which was a gift from my friend Ed Helvey. He sent me David Dean's book, Now is Your Time to Win, which he autographed and which was published by Charlie "Tremendous" Jones who passed away just a short time ago. The stress I was experiencing at the time made reading difficult. Then, I could read only a page at a sitting. I'd like to read it again this week.


I'm going to start reading business books again. I'd love to read a book a day on entrepreneurship and consulting, but it will likely be only one or two books a week.

I borrowed a book from the lending library in the Country Inns and Suites in Sept. Late last night I started reading, How We Lead Matters, by Marilyn Carlson Nelson, the CEO of Carlson international hotels, restaurants, travel companies. What I liked about the vignettes in her book is that she offers readers slices of her personal life, both pleasant and awful, to illustrate her points.... a little like I do in this blog. I finished when I got up this morning at 7.

No comments: