Friday, November 28, 2008

No more red hair

Over the past two years I have stopped coloring the grey in my hair. You can see my original color in the photo in the sidebar. Since I was a small child strangers have stopped me on the street to ask if I colored my hair red. I got so frustrated by these brazen women that I wasn't very respectful of my elders... "Lady, I'm nine. What do you think?" I didn't start coloring until 10 years ago.

So two years ago I gave up the battle to let the grey win. The funny thing is, it's not grey, but blonde! The grey with the remaining auburn strands mix together to look blonde. So now people ask me if I dye my hair blonde. ;-) I guess I should be happy that God continues to give me hair color that others have to pay for.

I'm happy not to have to buy coloring, spend time to cover it all when I can't see the back of my head, and start seeing the grey creep back at the roots and temples after a month. And the grey hair is thicker, if that's possible for someone who had coarse hair (Asian) in the first place, which means I have a fuller head of hair as I age.

I'm letting it grow - no more hair cuts every 6 weeks - so I can wear it pinned up off my face, which looks better. So, what I have requires less effort and less expense. And if gentlemen really do prefer blondes, I'll be expecting a better social life. ;-)

Andrea

No comments: